Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tombstone Cupcakes


It is no secret that I am totally into The Walking Dead.

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you are probably aware of this.

So it should come as no surprise that I was compelled to make a little something for the season finale. (And what a finale it was! I have so many questions!)

I considered waiting until October to share this since it's unlikely anyone will be throwing parties which require tombstone cupcakes before then, but hey, you know know. I won't judge.


For the tombstones, I frosted Milano cookies with gray frosting. My store didn't have black food coloring, and I was doubtful that red, yellow, blue, and green could make gray. But it did! I tried out a few recommended mixes that I found on the interwebs, and this was the winning combo for me:


I frosted the top 2/3 of each cookie, front and back, before I stuck it back into the cupcake. I used a knife to gently pushed down on the top of the cookie without messing up the frosting.

The wrote the names of the dearly departed Walking Dead characters on each cookie, and finally added "lawn" around the bottom of the tombstones using Coconut Pecan frosting mixed with green food coloring.



I think they turned out pretty cute! I'll be working on applying smooth frosting while I wait for season 5 to begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment